This is one of my kid’s favorite vegetables, which is readily available in the winter (it’s also available in the summer, but during the summer, we tend to go with more traditional summer vegetables, since we live in the Northeast.)
Here is a step by step guide, if you have never made acorn squash (either in the air fryer or by a different cooking technique)
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN—Print
Air Fryer, Air Fried Acorn Squash
This is a really easy and tasty way to make acorn sqush. It makes a perfect side dish at almost every meal, it has a rich and deep flavor, when you combine it with the brown sugar and melted butter.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 acorn squash
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cut the squash in half.
- Use a spoon and scoop out the seeds.
- Then cut the squash horizontal, so you end up with rings (Or just dice it up)
- In a small bowl mix the melted butter and brown sugar. Continue to mix, until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Place the acorn squash into the brown butter mixture, and coat both sides.
- Place the coated acorn squash on either the air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket.
- Place the tray or basket in the air fryer and set the temperature to 350 degrees for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, flip the squash and air fry for another 7 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: how long to cook acorn squash in air fryer acorn squash in power air fryer air fryer roasted acorn squash stuffed acorn squash in air fryer butternut squash air fryer air fryer acorn squash fries roast butternut squash in air fryer air fryer recipes