Confession, before my air fryer, I never even thought about making my own pop tarts. I mean, they are already perfectly made by the PopTart manufacturer, and you can not improve on a classic, or so I thought. Today, I am bringing you my Air Fryer Homemade Pop-Tarts.
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust
- 1/4 cup flour (for rolling the dough)
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 2 small egg whites
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- candy sprinkles
- Roll out the dough so that you get a rectangle shape. Make sure both your rolling pin and surface are dusted with flour so the dough does not stick.
- I made mine by using one side already sealed, like a book, and then filling it with strawberry jam. I found out that the jam stayed better in place when you had one side already sealed.
- Use egg wash to coat the edges before you seal. Just beat the egg whites in a small bowl and use a pastry brush to brush the edges.
- Fold your dough over and use the fork tines to seal the edges. Press the fork around the dough’s entire length and width. It creates a pretty pattern.
- Spray your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Set your pop tarts in the air fryer basket at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes. Check to see if they are golden brown. When they are golden brown, remove them from the basket.
- Let cool before you apply the frosting and or sprinkles.
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and milk; this will be your frosting.
- Spread the frosting over the pop tarts and add some sprinkles. (You must add the sprinkles while the frosting is wet, so they adhere)
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Homemade Pop-Tarts