Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of takeout chicken, but better because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful, and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light, and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
The buttermilk adds a great coating to the chicken, which prevents it from drying out. The buttermilk also acts as a tenderizer, so soaking the chicken overnight or for a few hours, makes your chicken nice and moist.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, The Best and Juiciest Boneless Breast of Chicken
This is one of the easiest chicken breasts, you will ever make, and it ends up nice and juicy, it’s perfect to eat by itself or cut up in a salad.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1–2 pounds boneless breast of chicken
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- Start by laying out your boneless chicken breasts on a large cutting board.
- Then in a large bowl mix together the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and minced onions.
- Use your hands and spread the olive oil all over the chicken both sides.
- Then dip the chicken into the bread crumb mixture, as you coat them, place them into your air fryer basket (which should be sprayed with olive oil)
- Again use your oil sprayer and fully coat the chicken with olive oil. If you don’t you will get white spots.
- Set your temperature to 390 degrees F.
- Set your time for 4 minutes.
- Flip for another 4 minutes, again spraying with the olive oil, this will get you a moist chicken breast.
- After you check the internal temperature of the chicken, remove. If it’s not fully cooked, just add a few more minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!