Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, before I had my air fryer, I would use the grill to make all of my chicken dishes, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer. You know what, I think chicken does better in the air fryer than on the grill.
There is a great secret to your chicken, so if you have been coming up with chicken that is dried or with white spots. The secret, which most experience air fryer people would tell you is to spray, spray and spray your chicken. Always, spray your chicken before and after you flip your chicken. This will ensure a moist and delicious chicken dish.
This chicken was a huge hit with my kids, and it was an easy meal. And isn’t it easy, when the entire family east the same meal?
This chicken dish can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil, depending on how long dinner is, from the time you make it until you eat it. If it’s a long time, remember to keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Air Fryer, Air Fried, Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, BBQ Popcorn Chicken
A very easy and tasty dish, with a few ingredients you have a delicious and healthy meal for the family. This is a family favorite in our house.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 large egg
Homemade BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
If you want it a little spicy, add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Start by seasoning your chicken with salt and pepper. Cut your pieces into 1-inch pieces.
Then in a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.
In another mixing bowl, blend together the buttermilk, tabasco sauce, and egg (combine well)
Dip the chicken into the flour mixture, shake the chicken after you dip it in the flour mixture to get rid of all of the extra flour.
Then dip the chicken into the buttermilk mixture, shaking off the excess.
Then return the mixture to the flour mixture.
As you coat the chicken either place it in an air fryer basket or Air Fryer tray (both should be sprayed with olive oil, so the chicken doesn't stick, as it is cooking)
Once your tray is loaded, being careful not to overcrowd the basket, spray it generously with olive oil spray.
Set your air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes, then flip them, and cook for another 5 minutes. NOTE: Before you flip them cot them again with a generous amount of olive oil spray.
To prepare the sauce: In a small pan, mix together the ingredients and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Then add the chicken (cooked) to a large mixing bowl, pour the BBQ sauce over the chicken and toss with tongs to evenly coat.
Plate, serve and enjoy!