Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
I have several air fryers, and this remains my favorite, easy to use and easy to clean up. It’s priced VERY reasonably.
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin For Later:
Air Fryer, Air Fried, Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Easy and delicious.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- ingredients to make the cake mix (per package)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 20 ounce can of pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 maraschino cherries
Start by spraying your air fryer safe pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then melt the butter in the microwave, pour it on the bottom, and then sprinkle the brown sugar on the bottom.
Then prepare the cake mix, I purchased this one.
Use the instructions on the cake mix box, and prepare the cake mix, as directed. Each cake mix will be different, mine had eggs, water, and oil.
Then place the pineapples down (in my second cake, I had lots of batter) I added the cherries, for a more traditional upside down pineapple cake.
Pour the cake mix (prepared) directly over it.
Place the cake (uncooked) into the air fryer basket, bake for 320 degrees F, for 25 minutes. Once the timer goes off, use a toothpick and stick it directly in the middle to see if it's cooked or not. If it's cook, remove. If it does not add another 5 minutes. Until it's cooked in the middle.
Let cool, before you flip it.
Plate, serve and enjoy!