Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fryer, Air Fried, Naked Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon white or black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
Start by making the rub, mix all of the chicken rub ingredients in a small bowl, Mix well.
Dip your chicken into the chicken rub, and as you coat them, place them into a greased air fryer basket.
Place the tenderloins into the air fryer basket, being careful not to overcrowd it, as that will affect the cooking time.
Set the time for 370 degrees F, for 8 minutes, after 8 minutes, flip and check your chicken to make sure it is done. If it has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, it is fully cooked, if not add another couple of minutes and recheck.
Plate, serve and enjoy!