This is a wonderful and easy snack. It’s packed full of flavor and it’s extremely healthy to snack on, it’s also very high in protein, which makes it a great snack if you are on a diet because it will fill you up.
Chickpeas are a great choice for a snack because they have many health benefits, including:
- They are high in fiber, they are an excellent snack for people with diabetes, as it is shown that it reduces blood glucose levels.
- They are great for bone health because they contain iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin K. Which are all shown to improve bone strength and structure.
- Vitamin K also helps your body absorb calcium, which is great if you have osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas are low-sodium, which is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
- High fiber is shown to help cholesterol
- Chickpeas contain the mineral selenium which helps reduce cancer risks.
You can flavor chickpeas with any variety of spices, they absorb spices, rubs, etc, very well.
Here are some other chickpea recipes prepared in the air fryer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fryer, Air Fried, Garlic and Herb Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 14.5 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Start by draining your chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
then rinse the drained beans.
In a small mixing bowl, mix together the drained and rinsed chickpeas, olive oil, and spices.
Pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket.
Set the time for 7 minutes at 370 degrees F,
Check the chickpeas after 7 minutes, then add another 7 minutes.
Let cool slightly, then transfer to a serving dish.