This might of been the best dinner, I have made in the Air Fryer. All of my family is still raving about it, asking if there are leftovers and wondering when I will make it again.
Everyone uses ground beef, at least once per week in their cooking, I thought it was a great time to talk about how to purchase ground beef, what to look for and some pointers.
- Ground beef is actually a combination of beef cuts. It usually is a combination of chuck, round and sirloin. Some labels, at the grocery store, may include the cut of meat that is ground.
- Always purchase ground meat that is bright red. You can tell older ground meat by the color, if it is brown or gray, do not purchase it, as it indicates that it is older.
- For huge savings purchase a family pack of ground beef and then freeze some of the meat for later.
- Look for a tightly wrapped package of meat, avoid a package with loose plastic wrap or a tear.
Here are some guides for purchasing ground beef due to leanness:
- Not less than 73% lean-This is normal just labeled ground beef. This meat is good for chilis, soups, sloppy joes and pizzas.
- Not less than 80% lean-This meat is used best in meat loves, meatballs and hamburgers
- Not less than 85% lean-This is best used in casseroles
The most important thing to remember when using ground meat is that it is very versatile.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Pressure Cooker, Instant Pot, Brats, Onions and Peppers
- 5-6 uncooked bratwurst
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package sub rolls
- 2 cups of water
Start by adding your olive oil to the Instant Pot Bowl.
Then press the saute button.
Put the bratwurst into the Instant Pot, so they get a nice char on them.
Then add 2 cups of water to the Instant Pot, mix in the peppers and onions.
Set the manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Add your lid, and make sure that the vent is on the sealing position.
Let the pressure naturally decrease.
Put down a sausage, and top with peppers and onions.
Plate, serve and enjoy!