ere is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
The buttermilk adds a great coating to the chicken, which prevents it from drying out. The buttermilk also acts as a tenderizer, so soaking the chicken overnight or for a few hours, makes your chicken nice and moist.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fried-Air Fryer-Sticky Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks
Sticky Honey Soy Chicken Marinade:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or mirin (found in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Optional: Green Onions, and Sesame seeds for garnish
Start by adding the drumsticks to a Ziploc Bag (Large)
Then start to add the soy sauce, honey, rice wine (mirin) and sesame oil.
Then grate some fresh ginger.
I keep a bottle of this minced garlic on hand, it comes in really handy for all recipes.
Mix it all well in the bag and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, remove them from the refrigerator and place the drumsticks in the air fryer basket.
Set the temperature for 370 degrees F.
Set the time for 14 minutes.
After 14 minutes, flip and set the time for another 14 minutes.
Note: Check your chicken before consuming the drumsticks need to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, or 75 Celsius.
When fully cooked, remove the drumsticks from the Air Fryer Basket
Plate, serve and enjoy!