Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
This is one of the tastiest and easiest chicken dishes to make in the air fryer, it’s low in sugar, Gluten Free, part of the KETO diet, and sugar free. It’s a must do recipe.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fried-Air Fryer-Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
This honey mustard sauce is amazing.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
Start by gathering simple ingredients, all which are probably all ready in your pantry or refrigerator.
Add the Dijon mustard to a small bowl.
Add the honey
Add the mayonnaise
Add the steak sauce
Dredge the chicken into the sauce.
As you coat the chicken, add them to your air fryer basket.
Set the temperature to 370 degrees F.
Set the time for 7 minutes, after 7 minutes, flip the chicken breasts over and set the time for another 7 minutes.
Check the chicken with a meat thermometer and make sure the internal reading reads 165 degrees F.
Note you can get seriously sick by eating raw chicken.
When fully cooked, remove from the air fryer.
Plate, serve and enjoy!