Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fried-Air Fryer-BBQ Chicken Legs
- 1 package chicken legs (family pack)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups brown sugar
Lay out your chicken.
Start by mixing the flour, salt, and pepper in a large freezer bag
Then coat your chicken one by one and as you coat them in the flour mixture, place them into your air fryer basket.
Set the temperature to 360 degrees F, and cook for 22 minutes. At 11 minutes, open your basket and flip the chicken.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the ketchup and brown sugar and mix well, on a slow simmer. Until well combined.
When your chicken is completely cooked (remember to check your chicken with a meat thermometer) and when it's cooked coat your chicken legs, one by one in the sauce.
As you coat the chicken in the sauce, place it on a lined baking sheet, place the baking sheet into the oven using the high broiler, for about 3 to 4 minutes. Just enough so the legs are hot and bubbly.
Plate and serve and of course, enjoy!