The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Start by placing your chicken on to a cutting board. Then start by cutting off the fat (white)
After I cleaned the chicken, I cut it into 6-inch pieces.
I rinsed the chicken and then placed it on a paper towel.
Then dry off the chicken. I pat it with a paper towel.
Then spread honey mustard over the dried chicken pieces.
Then place your breadcrumbs into a bowl, add your seasonings, and melted butter. Pour it all together and mix together.
Then place your chicken into the air fryer basket, and spray it with Olive Oil Sprayer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fryer-Air Fried-Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup dried or fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (black)
Start by cleaning off the chicken, removing all of the visible fat. Rinse the chicken and then cut into 6-inch pieces.
Spread the honey mustard generously over the chicken.
In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley, melted butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Then dip the coated (with the honey mustard) chicken into the breadcrumb mixture. As you coat them, place them in your air fryer basket.
After you finish breading all of the chicken, spray REALLY GENEROUSLY the chicken with olive oil spray (see my suggestion above)
Set the temperature for 370 degrees F, for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes flip and respray the chicken. Set the timer for 8 minutes and after the 8 minutes CHECK the chicken for doneness.
**Depending on the wattage of your air fryer, you may need additional time.