Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
If you have been following along, on my cooking adventures. You will notice that once a week, we prepare something boxed in the Instant Pot because I’m all about real food for real people.
This week, like all of you, I’m working on Thanksgiving. Today, I experimented with squash, because it’s a big item in my Thanksgiving Dinner. and it’s pretty easy,
If you are looking for real recipes for real people, follow us at Inspiring NH Kids (Facebook)or Pinterest
If you haven’t been following along, check out our other Vegetable Recipes, and our Pinterest Boards.
- 1 acorn squash
- Enough olive oil to coat the inside and outside of the squash
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- First, start by cutting the acorn squash in half.
- Then use a spoon and scoop out the seeds.
- Then coat the inside and outside with olive oil. Then sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon inside the cleaned squash
- Then add 1 cup of water to your Instant Pot (this brings the IP to pressure, without the water, it will not work)
- Place your squash into the IP and then place the lid back on, set it for manual high pressure for 15 minutes and the vent should be sealed.
- Let it naturally release.
- You can either serve it as is, or you can scoop it out and place the squash into the bowl.