Coffee is one of my vices. I guess there are worse ones to have. I LOVE my coffee. I think some of that comes from my Italian family. I remember sitting around the kitchen table, at the ripe old age of 4 and having a cappuccino. How is that?
We live near a Starbucks (does everyone?) and I hear it call to me, literally I feel the need to pull over and have a coffee, but truthfully, they can get expensive. So, I have been experimenting with coffee drinks, that I have had over the course of my life.
I LOVE my eggnog lattes, almost as much as my gingerbread lattes, and if you are near me during November and December (and sometimes January, if they still have them out) I am literally always carrying one around. But, truthfully, they get expensive after buying them, for a week. so I created this recipe, with some help from some internet research, here is what I came up with.
Start by brewing a regular cup of coffee
Mix all of the other ingredients into the mug, to microwave or boil.
- 1 cup of coffee (or espresso)
- ¼ cup of milk
- ½ cup of eggnog
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Optional: I serve mine with a dusting of nutmeg, but you can add whipped cream
- First, by start making the coffee.
- Once, that is done, mix together the milk, eggnog, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, mix well.
- Then microwave that mixture, until the milk starts to boil, about 1:30 minutes.
- Mix well, then add it to the coffee mixture.
- Mix well
- top with whipped cream, cinnamon or nutmeg.