Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
This is a very simple recipe. I really am working on creating healthy and fast recipes. After all, my life is hectic and I just bought an Air Fryer to get my family eating at home more and meanwhile saving calories and money. This is the Air Fryer I own. I have really liked it. It’s simple…which is important to me.
Today, I am showing you a basic recipe for making chicken in the Air Fryer. This is a base recipe, meaning if you swap out the flavors of the rub, you can get a million more recipes.
This is the seasoning that I used, my kids absolutely love it.
Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
This is one of the tastiest and easiest chicken dishes to make in the air fryer, it’s low in sugar, Gluten Free, part of the KETO diet, and sugar free. It’s a must do recipe.Here are some other of my tried and true recipes:
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons House Montreal Chicken Seasoning (my kids love this stuff)
- 1½ pounds of chicken drumsticks
- oil, to rub on the chicken, I didn't measure
- First rub your oil, over the chicken.
- Then season both sides of the chicken with the seasonings above, or use your own blend.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 degrees Celsius (or 390 Fahrenheit), for about 4 minutes.
- Then cook your chicken for 5 minutes, then flip to the other side and do it for another 5 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes are up, reduce your heat to 150 degrees Celsius (or 300 degrees Fahrenheit) and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for a couple of minutes and then plate and serve and most importantly