This is an amazingly easy recipe. Like with most recipes, I played with it for a while, until I really got a taste and quality that I would feel comfortable posting. I do not look to share recipes that aren’t things I would make again. Which, on the other hand, makes it hard to experiment, because my sons are always asking me to make the Minestrone Soup or Sesame Chicken again and again.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 pounds of lean ground meat
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 28 ounces of tomato sauce (any kind is good)
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute, when it's hot, add the olive oil, onions, carrots and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes, making sure that you constantly stir.
- When the onions, celery and carrots are soft, add the ground beef. Constantly break it up, so that it all cooks. Stir it all together, add the spices in and stir.
- Continue to saute until all of the meat is browned (it took me about 10 minutes)
- Once the meat is all browned, add the tomatoes, and stir.
- Now add the lid for the instant pot, and make sure it's sealed.
- Using the manual setting, set for 20 minutes, on high pressure.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release.
- Pour over noodles and enjoy!