Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
This was a great recipe, my mom used to make in a dutch oven. I converted the recipe, without losing any of the rich flavors.
I hope you and yours enjoy!
- 2 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 1/2 bottom round roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 medium onions, peeled and diced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chipotle chili, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 ounce of semi-sweet chocolate
- Optional Garnishes: sliced scallions, radishes or flat-leaf parsley
- Grind the corn tortillas in a food processor, blend it until it's crumbs.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pressure cooker and hit saute.
- When the oil heats up at 1/2 of the meat, then brown it on all sides (about 5 minutes)
- Then remove that 1/2 of the meat and add the other 1/2 and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- When all of the meat is browned, and removed from the Instant Pot, add the chopped onions and garlic, and olive oil (1 tablespoon).
- Saute for about 3 minutes, until it's softened.
- When the onions and garlic are softened add the rest of the ingredients (except for chocolate, which you keep for last), and the meat back into the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid onto the Instant Pot and set to manual high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Let the pressure naturally release.
- When it is done, stir in the chocolate in, and mix until it's all melted.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish as you wish.