Note: This post may contain affiliate links
This is a great recipe for the cold winter days, and it’s a great breakfast food. My kids love it with a glass of milk in the morning, my husband loves eating it on his way to work, with a cup of coffee. And, best of all it’s really easy to make.
- 1 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground sage
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Combing the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sage, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix in the butter, with a pastry blender or a fork. Stir in the cheese, then add the milk and egg. Stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- On a floured surface, knead the cornbread, until completely mixed. Using a cast iron pan or skillet (I used a skillet) , grease it, and then pat it down into the pan.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until golden brown.