2. Use Spelling tiles–create for the Knestic learner
3. Letter Stamps-I bought both the lowercase and uppercase letters.
4. I made post it note/letter cards, writing each letter on a post it note and having the child move it to form a word.
5. Spelling Hangman-Free worksheets available here
6. Air Spelling-Spell the words in the air
7. Blackboard-Write on the “teacher’s ” blackboard
8. Individual White Board- At the start of our homeschooling journey, I got each of the boys one of these
9. Popsicles Sticks-Use them to spell out words (write the alphabet on each one)
10. M&M’s-Use M&M to spell out words, great treat afterwards
11. Popping Popcorn-Serves as a snack and as a great manipulative
12. Magnetic Letters on a Cookie Sheet
13. Spelling stones-paint letters on rocks
14. Pool Noodle-Cut the noodle into the alpha bit and put them around a rolling pin, to spell out words.
15. Plastic Spoons-Write Letters on spoons and have the kids line up the spoons, to create words.
16.Mixed Up words-write the words in the wrong order and have the child figure out the word.
17. Newspaper-give a child a newspaper and have them search for letters
18. Glue/Glitter-Have the child write the work out in glue and then put glitter on it
19. Have the child type the words on the computer and print it, putting it near the child’s bed
20. ABC order- Write your words in alphabetical order.
21. Rainbow Words – Write your words in three colors
22. Backwards Words- Write your words forwards, then backwards.
23. Silly sentences -Use all your words in ten sentences
24. Picture words – Draw a picture and write your words in the picture.
25. Words without Vowels – Write your words replacing all vowels with a line.
26. Words without Consonants – Same as above but replace consonants with lines.
27. Shaving Cream, write the words out in shaving cream
28. Pasta-Write the words out using alphabet pasta
29. 3D words – Use modeling clay rolled thinly to make your words. Bring a note if done at home.
30. Etch-A-Word – Use an Etch-A-Sketch to write your words.
31. Morse Code – Convert your words to Morse Code
32. Word Search-Make a word search and have your child look for his/her spelling words.
33. Have your child cut out letters from a magazine or newspaper and spell out the words that way.
34. Make code words with the spelling lists. Make it into a game.
35. Subsiute X’s for the spelling words, i.e., for Dog, write DXG
36. Use Legos to create words
Please share your favorite way to make spelling fun!