I’m not talking about a complete Lego set toy. I’m talking about something that they can strive for throughout the day, because let’s face it, when the child is having a bad day and dragging his or her feet, that makes a long school day for us (the home school parent).
I came up with some prizes that, reward the behavior.
1. A Box of Cereal (with a coupon) that the child can turn in for the week, when he doesn’t exactly want to eat, what’s for dinner.
2. A Box of Microwave Popcorn-his choice of movie, to watch, for movie night.
3. S’mores Kit-Marshmallow/Graham Crackers/Hersey Chocolate Bar. Great for a deserving reward after a great day of school.
4. Coupon for 1 Hour of Extra Computer Time.
5. Stay Up Late Pass–great for my kids who love to stay up and read.
6. One Day of Skipping Chores Coupon
7. One Meal Choice–when they pick the meal out.
8. Special Day Event Out-They choose one place where they want to go.
9. One Book Of Their Choice-At Bookstore
10. One Subject Pass for the Day
I found some printables, if you would like to use them too. I also wrap them in leftover boxes/magazines to make the reward even extra special.